First things first...I am by no means a blogger (i always start them but never keep up) and I am by no means a writer..so please excuse grammatical errors and since I am no longer in school I tend to write the way I speak- a lot of sooooo's, !!!!!!, and ......
With that being said here is how this whole idea came about!!
My beautiful and wonderful sister in law sent me an email with a link to this article:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/allison-tate/mom-pictures-with-kids_b_1926073.html
With the note say: I am such a culprit and need to schedule family pics ASAP!
After I read this it was just validation that I am not the only mom that feels this way! For some reason or another us as moms are not in the photos- some of us never feel like we look good enough, or we may not have makeup on, we have ten chins when we take self portraits, or the camera is always in our hands!!
So I decided to post it to my Facebook page www.facebook.com/photosbyxoxo and the response seemed to be universal!! We all feel the same way and it seemed to be an emotional reminder that we need to get out from behind the comfort of the camera and start to get in front of it!!
I was so excited to start figuring out the details and picking a few moms brains and after listening to our MOPS speaker today it was confirmed that this is something I need to put out there... and the best part is it involves the kids!! We were blessed with having a Skype lecture from author of "be the Mom" Tracey Eyster (www.bethemomlife.com). She said many things that were of great value but the 3 principles she spoke on over and over were: BE intentional, BE relational, and BE selfless. I do not think it would be a stretch in saying that this challenge is going to require us (moms) to be very INTENTIONAL!!
I couldn't stop thinking about the moms responses and this idea of a mom challenge came to me!! There are challenges for everything..so why not try a new one!!!
I hope this is something you will enjoy and after 30 days it will become a habit!!! I would LOVE it if you would share this challenge with other moms as I would LOVE to see this a new habit!! With all the amazing technology out there we want our children to look back and see that we were not only a cheerleader on the sidelines but we were in the trenches with them!!
No comments:
Post a Comment